This tumblr is called ShrinkingBeauty and before you click that link, let me tell you why I think it's amazing. While it may come of as a thinspo blog, it's one of the healthiest, friendliest, and most helpful weight loss blogs I've EVER seen. I'll start off superficially and say that her theme is adorable and it makes you feel happy and it makes you want to look around her blog. Some features she has on her blog, aside from the tumblr basics, are (these are all at the top of her page in green):
- height and weight charts to show you about the weight you should be to be healthy
- her 30-Day Challenge (which I'm starting this week)
- some other diets she's made
- foods that boost your metabolism and help you lose weight naturally (which I love because it fits in perfectly with the "no processed foods" kick I'm on)
- how to go from eating 500-800 calories-a-day to eating 1200 cals without gaining a lot of weight after a diet (I LOVE this and wish I'd found it earlier; I'll explain why later)
- tips she has for losing weight
- how to stop binge eating
- workout ideas
- thinspo created by her
- reasons to lose weight
- her progress, current weight loss plan, and her daily food log
I will admit that I've looked at all these pages and not every part of her blog is healthy but, I think if you pick and choose what about her blog to follow, you'll be on a very healthy path. When you face the facts, it is a thinspo blog, but the difference is she does know what she's talking about and she knows what it takes to lose weight in a healthy way even if she doesn't always practice the healthiest habits. I looked at her daily food logs and she does skip a lot of meals which I know from experience is terrible for you and majorly compromises your energy and muscle mass.
The things I like the most about her blog are 1) height and weight charts 2) foods to help boost your metabolism and 3) how to increase your calorie intake after a diet without gaining all the weight back.
1) I like that she posted this because it is accurate and I LOOVE that she has a specific chart that shows the height and weight you should aim for based on whether you have a small frame, an average frame, or a big frame. *personal note: I would say that I have an small-average frame, so for my height my ideal weight would be 114-133, I'm 134 so...I'm pretty much where I should be. My dream weight is 115 but right now I'm aiming for 120-125 which I think is a good middle:) But it isn't really about weight, it's about what your body looks like and you feel about it!
2) I like that she shows foods that will boost your metabolism because your metabolism is KEY in losing weight and keeping it off. I learned from recovery that whether you're eating too much or too little your metabolism isn't working how it's supposed to. The best thing you can do to lose weight is exercise and eat right so that your metabolism will speed up! This is part of why I wish I had found this blog sooner.
3) This is the main reason I wish I had discovered her blog when I was going through recovery. When I started recovery I was 124 pounds and I got there by eating 400 calories a day. I was being SO stupid and unhealthy. The worst part of recovery was having my family and friends basically force feeding me to eat 2200 calories in a day. I felt sick all the time, even worse than when I wasn't eating anything. It was horrible because when your body goes into starvation mode, when you finally eat, if you eat too much, you feel sick because your body can't handle the sudden increase in nutrition and so it just stores it as fat because it doesn't know when it'll be starving again. If I had found this, I wouldn't have been as sick and I wouldn't have gained 12 pounds in the process either.
Basically, I love this blog and while it is a thinspo blog, it's the healthiest one I've ever seen. Most of the pictures she posts are of, obviously, skinny girls but they have muscles unlike most thinspo blogs where all the girls are plain skin and bones.
Hope you find her HEALTHY posts helpful and follow me (even with your email if you don't have a blogspot!!!!) and get this blog to those who need it<3